Monday, June 6, 2011

American Eagle Low Rise & AthleticTrunks

AE’s trunks come in two styles, Low Rise and Athletic. The only real difference between the two is the length of the legs. The Low Rise trunks are true trunks, while the Athletic trunks could be considered boxer briefs. A pleasant surprise however with the Athletic trunks is that they are actually low rise which tends to offer more support than your more spacious traditional boxer brief.
These trunks come in a variety of colors and patterns, from the basics: black, white and grey, to the less standard: bright frog, lime volt, replay purple, cross orange, etc.
The material is a blend of 96% cotton and 4% spandex. It should be noted that they advertise 100% cotton in certain colors (mostly the more unusual colors), but this is simply false advertising. According to customer service (and my personal attempts to order their advertised 100% cotton trunks) they offer no such product. Everything is the cotton/spandex blend. This blending of materials results in a fabric that doesn’t breathe very well, leaving sweaty nether regions. It also causes a slight ride-up, which isn’t as severe as some other brands, thus making it only a minor nuisance. The spandex creates what they advertise as an “Athletic fit” which simply means a tighter fit, which I personally think was unnecessary given the sweaty side effect. In terms of actual materials, all colors appear to be the same with the exception of the Grey trunks, which they call “Black Jaspe.” These are noticeably softer than the other colors, thus making them all around more comfortable.
Other than the issues I have with their choice of a blended material, these are solid underwear. The fit is  rather good. There is just the right amount of support. The contoured pouch is surprisingly comfortable with a seam that remains unobtrusive and barely noticeable. There isn’t much room for your junk to wander, which is a feature that I personally appreciate. Simply put, it stays in place. The support isn’t too tight either.
 The legs retain their shape after wearing them all day and both the legs and waist fit just right. the legs on the Athletic style are longer, but actually stay in place pretty well. There is a bit of creeping up the legs as you sit and stand, but I have yet to experience the bunching that I have with other brands of boxer briefs.
I am very picky when it comes to underwear. Considering we spend all day in them, how can you afford not to be? I have yet to devise a rating system for this blog, but If I can recommend them, then they are underwear that I would personally wear (and probably do). As for the AE trunks, I highly recommend them. Despite the issues with the material, they’re solid underwear and a surprisingly good product. I’m not one for trendy brands and never considered AE to be quality clothing, but they have impressed me with their trunk underwear. If you’re picky about what you wear underneath, give them a try. You might be surprised. 
I welcome feedback and suggestions for improvements to the site.

7 comments:

  1. I did like that a.e. has choices, between loud colors, size, & fit. I have a pair that don't breath well. When I say size I believe both mine are xs which is rare. They do sell a good pair but finding them might be tricky. Xs worked since they had a pouch in the front though those were the ones that don't breath well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any idea what size to pick? I used to buy M's at Björn Borg. What do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Size is a personal thing... a matter of preference really. Since I've never tried any of the Bjorn Borg underwear, I can't tell you how the sizes compare. Fortunately, if you wanted to give AE a try, they are sold in singles or pairs in stores. If you're used to M's, you might try starting there. American M's are typically sized for 32-34" w.

      Delete
  3. My wife buys my underwear and has been getting me the AE trunks both in the polyester/spandex and cotton/spandex. She likes me to wear bright colors so I have AE orange, yellow, lime green, blue, blacks, etc. All I can say is the AE trunks are the best, most comfortable underwear I have ever worn. The waist band stays in place all day, and everything is comfort! I plan on wearing the AEs for a long time. I don't like boxers, so the trunks are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear low rise xs trunks I got a 30 waste love how small sexy trunks can keep it all together and chicks think there hot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the valuable points, i think it still works.

    most comfortable underwear

    ReplyDelete
  6. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me. most comfortable boxers in the world

    ReplyDelete